Saturday, October 29, 2011

Southwest Splendor - Fall Foliage

When you think of autumn colors, you probably don't think of the high desert Southwest. However, we get some gorgeous fall foliage here! I love photographing the leaves as the sun shines through them. I also love that it gives me a chance to do more abstract photography, which is a definite change for me. Most of all, I just love fall, and the changing of the seasons:-) Hope you enjoy this little leaf journey.

P.S. The last photo is a visitor that we've had around the property recently - a truly awe-inspiring sight! The photo was taken through a window angled down through slats into the shade, but I think you'll get an idea of the beauty...

yellow fall leaves







north rim, grand canyon
Taken at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. It was our first time visiting, absolutely gorgeous and amazing even though it wasn't the best photo time.

desert gray fox

2 comments:

Katie (Nature ID) said...

Nice autumn colors! Glad to see you're doing well.

Erica Lea said...

Thanks, Katie, and hope things are well in your world, too:-)