Saturday, May 5, 2012

Scarlet Saturday!

Ravishing reds seem to be everywhere, so I thought I'd share some recent sightings:-)

This beautiful cactus is growing in a neighbor's yard. I believe it's a Claret Cup or Crimson Hedgehog Cactus (Echinocereus triglochidiatus).

The miniature rose 'Ruby Magic' - the first rose to bloom this year. This is one of my special minis that I was fortunate enough to buy at Sequoia Nursery/Moore's Miniatures when we were in Cali. Sequoia Nursery was run by the famous rosarian, Ralph Moore, who lived to the grand old age of 102. I like to think he lived so long because he was doing what he loved for a living:-)

Utah Penstemon (Penstemon utahensis) blooming where we live.

The miniature rose 'Cherry Hi', also from Sequoia Nursery.

I believe this is a Gilia, but I'm not positive. It doesn't quite match other photos I have... I have the feeling a squirrel planted it:-) If anyone can confirm, please leave a comment. It's gorgeous, whatever it is!

Full-size to climbing rose, 'Courageous'. This is an English Legend rose that I ordered from Heirloom Roses when we lived in Cali. Amazing fragrance!!! More flowers to come... :-)

No comments: