Friday, October 31, 2008

New Shop!


I know I haven’t posted for a bit now. I’ve been busy working on our new Etsy shop, which is a wonderful and huge endeavor for my mom and me. It means so much, and is such a fantastic feeling. When those sales start coming, it will be even more fantastic!!! The piece above is one of my mom’s beautiful sculptures. Meet Reggie, an English Bulldog puppy – is he cute or what? All sculpted freehand! You can click on the link in the right-hand corner to see our shop, and to read more about Reggie.

My mom is an amazing, talented woman:-) She’s a survivor who’s learning to thrive! The past years have been very difficult. If losing everything weren’t enough, she almost died, and had to have open heart surgery for her 60th birthday.

I’m getting ahead of myself on writing about our journey. However, I am so proud of my mom, that I felt compelled to share that here tonight. There was a time when I didn’t know if she’d live, or if she’d ever be herself again. I give thanks every day that I still have her, and that she is able to honor her creative side once more. I can’t tell you what a miracle it really is, but I hope I’ve conveyed just a little of it here.

I love you, mom, and I admire you so much!

Erica

No comments: