Monday, March 1, 2010

Choosing a View

california landscape, foothills, wildflowers
Sometimes, when I go to add my daily entry here, I think about all of the things I don’t write about or show. Other than one post about this area (well, two if you count the stray animal post), I work very hard at concentrating on the positive. I look for the beauty in an area where it can be difficult to find. I would only have to turn my camera away from the foothills to portray a town that most would believe was in a different country. Sometimes, I want to do just that because I can’t believe it is the way it is, and I can’t believe we’re living here.

However, I haven’t done it, and don’t know that I will (other than just to have a record, I guess). By sharing the images that I do, I believe I am creating the world I want to live in versus the one that surrounds me on a daily basis. I want to share the good energy that fills me when I’m out taking photos of flora and fauna:-) I want to keep a hold on that energy, because my heart really needs it.

I imagine that I’m not the only who creates a different world on their blog from the one that they live in. We all have a story, and we all have our own ways of telling it. It’s what gets us through and helps us on to the next chapter, right?

blue dick, wild hyacinth, grass nut, wildflower, flower, california

No comments: