Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Horse a Day Challenge #9 - Welsh Pony


Wow! I'm actually earlier than I have been. I experimented more with the options on my scanner, and this one's a little better. The drawings are still much prettier in real life, though:-) Don't forget to check out our store on Etsy - they're all there, and everything's on sale through tomorrow (Cyber Monday)!

This little gem is a Welsh Pony or Cob, and is number 9. The Welsh Pony comes in four different types – from small pony to large pony/small horse size. The smaller sizes are a bit more refined than the cob types, who have a thicker set neck and body. No matter what size or body type, these are gorgeous ponies! If the Friesian is my fairy tale horse, then the Welsh Pony is my fairy tale pony:-)

Being 5' 10 1/2", I'm kind of thinking the Friesian's more my size, lol! However, these little guys make wonderful cart horses, so I'm sure I could still enjoy them;-)

No comments: