Monday, December 1, 2008

A Horse a Day Challenge #10 - Herman the Great


If you’ve been following, you’re probably wondering, “What the heck?!” Well, I was trying to figure out what to draw tonight for magic #10, and just couldn’t decide. Then I remembered Herman… I don’t even know the last time I thought of Herman, let alone drew him. I created Herman back in my early teens. He was and is meant to be a parody of the Arabian horse. I had Arabians, and sometimes all the silliness with their appearance was too much. Thus, Herman entered the picture.

This drawing of Herman was done without any rough sketches, and completely from memory. The initials on his neck are mine, and are his “freeze brand”. This card is really special, as silly as it might seem – it sure made me smile to draw Herman again. It’s truly one-of-a-kind. I don’t know if I will draw Herman again in the near future – should I develop him further? Will I? You never know, but that means this card is the first and only Herman in existence:-) Right now, he's available on Etsy.

No comments: