Saturday, December 6, 2008

A Horse a Day Challenge #15 - Norwegian Fjord


I can't believe this is #15! This is a more unusual breed. Here's an excerpt from my blurb for Etsy:

"This sturdy little horse is the Norwegian Fjord, and is one of the oldest breeds in the world. They are always dun color (light to golden tan with black points on the legs and a dorsal strip down their backs). They aren’t very tall, but they’re very strong! In Norway, they’re used as farm horses, so can pull heavy loads. They are also very calm and steady, and good as a child’s horse. Plus, they’re pretty cute! The short, stubby mane is actually clipped to look that way, and for easy grooming. It gives them a unique, unmistakable appearance:-)"

Update from the last post - my grandmother loved the decorations we brought. The best thing was a Santa who recites the whole "Twas the Night Before Christmas" poem. Sounds corny, but he's adorable (don't ask me about the singing mouse I got for myself;-)! I'll try to get a photo the next time. We try to find things she can look at from her bed, so having something that moves and talks has a little more entertainment value.

Oh yeah, and the fog lifted around 2:30 this afternoon, and is back again:-| We still went in the morning, though, because there was enough visibility. I didn't know the fog lasted so long, and for days on end - this was the 1st real glimpse of the sun in quite a while. Pretty exciting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, your post on the Fjord horse caught my eye. what a lovely drawing, and so did the Etsy mention. I am currently looking at purchasing the cutest little Fjord mare. I also have a bath and body shop on Etsy by the name of Crowley Manor.