Friday, December 12, 2008

A Horse a Day Challenge #21 - Burro Babe


I uploaded my photo here first, to get it up before midnight, and I'm now back to write. I was almost done when there was an interruption in the form of a loud boom and reverberation through the house. I went outside to look, as did the neighbors, but the fog is sooooo heavy, you can't see anything. About 20 minutes later, I heard a bunch of sirens; and so I'm sending out positive thoughts to all involved for whatever it was (guessing car crash). Definitely made my and my mom's heart jump!

After all of that, I scanned tonight's drawing: a cutie pie burro foal:-) I had both foal and donkey in mind tonight, so wound up combining ideas. I also fell in love with burro babies - especially the miniature ones. Too adorable!

Here's some of the blurb from Etsy, where all of these cards are available for sale:

"...They come in sizes ranging from miniature to giant. There are actually some rare donkey breeds that people are working hard to preserve. They’re known best as beasts of burden, but are also kept as pets nowadays. Having been around a few, I can say that they’re highly intelligent and have a definite sense of mischief."

No comments: