Monday, December 15, 2008

A Horse a Day Challenge #23 - Desert Fantasy


Okay, it's easier to fall behind than it is to catch up;-) So, only one drawing for tonight. This one's a horse of my own creation and imagination - the horse you'd love to see running across the desert towards you. The horse you'd ride for miles and miles... Of course, it's an Arabian. I did mention I was partial:)

This one is on Etsy, too. I've been wondering about the other "e", because I've seen some artists with quite a following. There's one equine artist in particular who commands awesome prices for her ACEO's, which are truly lovely. I guess I have a competitive streak, and would like to know how mine would do in the bidding process.

Additionally, I'm in the process of finding a charity to donate a portion of the proceeds from these cards (1/3). I've contacted my top pick, and hope to hear soon. I've been waiting to do a larger announcement, but thought I'd better mention it since I said something several posts back.

I would donate to the rescue that took our mares, but they've since stopped rescuing. Horse rescue not only requires a lot of time and money, but it also takes a lot of space. I think it's more overlooked than small animal rescue, but it's just as crucial. It's near and dear to my heart, and I realized I might be able to do something through these cards:-)

More to come!

No comments: